Python is a multi-paradigm or versatile programming language that can be considered as a sort of swiss knife for the coding world. This is because it supports structured programming, Object Oriented Programming, and even functional programming patterns. The versatility of Python undoubtedly makes it the best-suited programming language for the data scientists. Here are some of the other advantages of python for data science, which will help you understand why you should learn data science with Python:
- Python is a powerful open source programming language, which means that it’s free to use while having all the properties that a programming language should have.
- It is a versatile programming language that supports Object-Oriented Programming, Structured Programming, and functional programming patterns.
- Python has some 72,000 libraries in the Python Package Index that aid in scientific calculations and machine learning applications.
- Python sports an easy to understand and readable syntax that ensures that the development time is cut into half when compared with other programming languages.
- Python enables you to perform data analysis, data manipulation, and data visualization, which are very important in data science.
All the above-mentioned advantages of Python programming language makes it ideal to be used for data science by the data scientists. Owing to the extensibility and general purpose nature, it is recommended that you learn data science with Python.